Sunday, July 29, 2007

Recommendations from Rebecca

I recently saw 'Wolk Creek' (R), which was excellent. Spooky and gruesome, but great. It's about some English Backpackers who were murdered. It's based on a true story. (***)

I also saw 'Perfume,' which was beautiful in a sick way. Very graphic and beautifully filmed. You'd understand if you saw it. It's about a man who murders women in an attempt to capture their scent and thus create the perfect perfume. Weird, very French. (***)

Recently I watched 'Tim Burton's Corpse Bride,' and I really liked it. I loved the animation, plot and overal atmosphere of the whole thing. It's about a dude who is about to get married. On practising his vows in the woods, he accidentally marries a corpse. Heartbreakingly sweet. (***)

My favourite recently seen film at present is 'De Ja Vu,' starring Denzel Washington. It is a great Mystery/Sci Fi film. Denzel's voice is like honey. The film is about a detective who needs to solve the crime of a ferry boad explosion. He realises that to do that, he must solve the mystery of a woman's murder. Great ending! (****)

Four good viewings.

No comments: