Monday, February 19, 2007

Born into Brothels

I must admit it has been a while since I have watched this documentary but it had an impact and I felt compelled to write about it. This documentary is based in a Brothel in India. The content is based around a french photographer who showed some children who lived in the brothels how to take photos. All of these children had had lives we could not imagine our children having this had an impact on the photos they took. She then took those photos and displayed them in a gallery for the public to witness. Being aware of the future these children will probably have, she then endeavoured to find them appropriate schooling. The movie then explains the difficulties she experienced in doing this.

I was someone who did not enjoy documentaries or foreign films but this documentary changed my mind, and since I have watched and enjoyed many.

Rating : 4/5

No comments: