Monday, June 4, 2007

Babel

Its been a few weeks since I saw this movie but thought I would review it because I enjoyed it.
Babel is split into 4 different stories. Each different story is the result of an event that occurs in one of the other stories. There is one story that involves a deaf, mute Japanese teenager. The connection between the other stories is easy to tell but the japanese girl relevance is more difficult. The movie is slow and there are some unrealistic scenes such as when Cate Blanchett and Bratt pitt kiss while she is sitting on a bedpan. When watching I heard from the background "yeah right" from my husband who also found this bit unbelievable. The movie is set in Morrocco and following this film you wonder why anyone would holiday there, especially the amount of elderly that were shown in the film. I felt sorry for the baby sitter. Despite the couple of unrealistic scenes I really enjoyed the movie.

Rating: 4/5

No comments: