Saturday, June 2, 2007

Notes on a Scandal

My review on Notes on a Scandal may be a little off as I watched it over 5 hours on a plane on a little screen with 3 children and plane activities interupting my viewing. Basically the movie is about a young attractive teacher who is new to the school, who is befriended by an older female teacher. Cate Blanchett, the younger teacher, has an affair with a student and is found out by her "friend". The relationship between the two friends is a little creepy which is exactly how you are meant to feel. The movie was watchable, the acting was good and I would only recommend it to someone who really wanted to see it.

Rating : 3/5

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Although I have not seen the film, I have read the book. I agree that the relationship between Sheba and Barbara is quite weird, with Babs being slightly sickly and overprotective. Sheba seems dimwitted - obviously, as she finds a younger boy attrctive enough to risk going to prison... I am keen to find out the film's ending, as the book's ending was very open. I recommend the novel. Except for the big words which reflect Barbara's self imporance.